What We Do
Individuals, families and foundations
- Set clear intentions around your giving based on your values and beliefs
- Review and select the best charitable structures that suit your giving style and long term goals
- Identify issues and organizations that align with your philanthropic vision
- Document your philanthropic legacy for future generations
- Connect you with others who can help you achieve your goals
- Provide on-going learning opportunities to keep you well-informed and accountable to your own goals
- Assess your impact
Corporate Giving and Employee Engagement
- Determine your company’s commitment to giving and service
- Create the mechanisms to have a “culture of giving” throughout the company
- Develop programs around giving, volunteerism and employee engagement to reinforce company values
Personal Representative Services
- Serve as Executor of your charitable estate
- Work with your team of financial and legal advisors as necessary to ensure your legacy is secured
How We Work Together
Your relationship with a philanthropic advisor is one that is very personal and based on honesty and mutual trust. Our work together will involve very candid and personal explorations into your values and beliefs generated from your family history, life experience and aspirational goals.
Our first meeting is a complimentary informational session. We’ll have a conversation about what you hope to gain from working with a philanthropic advisor and your initial ideas of what you’d like to accomplish. We’ll share our background and greater detail about how we work and what we can offer.
Once we begin, we’ll provide you with an extensive questionnaire to explore your ideas, motivations, and desired outcomes around philanthropy. We’ll meet again to review the results and then the real work begins.
Give with Clarity and Confidence
Together, we’ll take a deep dive into the issues you care about, meet the organizations doing the work, evaluate their progress, and determine your level of involvement. We’ll evaluate appropriate giving vehicles to meet your goals and determine giving budgets and allocations on an annual basis. Do you have children and want to engage them in the philanthropic process? We can develop age-appropriate ways to include them in your plans and lay the groundwork for a lasting legacy.
At the end of this process, not only will you have a clear roadmap for giving but also a greater knowledge and confidence about your giving plan. We may work together for several months or several years. Regardless, our aim is to create an army of thoughtful philanthropists dedicated to making the world a better place with clarity and compassion.